Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Do/Did Your Children Know Their Great-Grandparents?

Randy posted his Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Challenge... and it's based on one of my posts! Neat! So, here are the rules:

1) Dana Leeds on the Enthusiastic Genealogist blog asks "Did/Do Your Children Know Any of Their Great-Grandparents?"

2) I thought that would be a great Saturday Night Genealogy Fun question - so please share your response with us in a blog post of your own, in a comment on this blog post, or in a Facebook or Google+ post.

3) For extra credit, or in case the answer is "No," then please answer the question for yourself, or your parents

Randy, I'm so glad you used my post as a SNGF challenge! Since I already did the challenge for my daughter (& myself), I thought I'd use my husband instead. So, here goes!

"Papa Booger" in middle & "Big Granny" on far right with 3 of their daughters

My husband, like my daughter, knew four of his great-grandparents! And, all of them lived nearby!
  1. Thomas Harrison Leeds (1887-1975)
  2. Benjamin Harrison Payton (1887-1985)
  3. James Vernon Miller, aka "Papa Booger" (1890-1978) & his wife...
  4. Leatha Ellen (Moore) Miller, aka "Big Granny" (1896-1981)
We aren't sure where either of the nicknames came from!

Do we share common ancestors? I'd love to talk! Please leave a comment or write me at drleeds@sbcglobal.net

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and just nominated you for a "One Lovely Blog" Award! Be sure to read about it in my latest blog post: http://sassygenealogist.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-very-nice-surprise-one-lovely-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now you've been nominated twice! I just nominated you too. I'm sure you only have to do one answer! bit.ly/1C5dZH1 Thanks for your comment on my post --

    ReplyDelete

Color Clustering: Top 25 Fourth Cousins

For more on Color Clustering & DNA, please visit my new website at: www.danaleeds.com  For another look at how Color Clustering works...