I was pleasantly surprised to receive two nominations today for the "One Lovely Blog" Award! A big thank you to both Carla Lee at Sassygenealogist and Elise Ann Wormuth at Living in the Past for these nominations! My genealogy blog is still quite new and this award means a lot!
Here are the 'rules' for this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know that you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
So, again, thanks again to Carla Lee and Elise Ann Wormuth! (See links above.)
7 things about me:
1. I have a degree in Biology Education and worked in a research laboratory as an undergraduate student.
2. I have played the piano since I was very young and was an accompanist both at school and at church.
3. I love to travel and have (so far) visited 9 countries: Ireland, Scotland, Japan, France, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Mexico, & the Bahamas.
4. I started doing genealogy in 1998 when you still had to use a microfilm reader to view the censuses.
5. I just moved from the house we lived in for over 17 years! I've also lived in two other houses for about 10 years each. I don't move around much!
6. I've been married for over 20 years to my high school sweetheart.
7. I'm an avid reader and just finished reading my 60th book of the year.
Nominate 15 bloggers.... So, in no particular order...
1. Midge Frazel of Granite in My Blood
2. Michael Lacopo of Hoosier Daddy?
3. Diane Hall of Michigan Family Trails
4. Harold Henderson of Midwestern Microhistory
5. Lorine McGinnis Schulze of The Olive Tree Genealogy
6. Kenneth R. Marks of The Ancestor Hunt
7. Elizabeth Handler of From Maine to Kentucky
8. Jill at Genealogy Certification: My Personal Journey
9. Karen Blackmore at Karen's Genealogy Oasis
10. Kris Stewart at My Link to the Past
11. Sheri Fenley at The Educated Genealogist
12. Lynn Palermo at The Armchair Genealogist
13. Judy G. Russell at The Legal Genealogist
14. Miriam J. Robbins of Ancestories: The Stories of My Ancestors
15. Debi Austen at Who Knew?
Contact the Bloggers you nominated... I'm heading off to do that now!
My last post was about how I found my grandfather's younger brother's birth announcement by searching a newspaper using their addre...
For the past few months, I've tried to figure out how to set a "primary photo" for an individual. It was easy on the "old...
On April 9th, 1865, General Robert E Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia after his 28,000 troops were surrounded by Grant's me...
As I mentioned in my last post , I recently found an article about one of my relatives from a 1916 German newspaper. I found the article on ...