- What year was one of your great-grandfathers born? Divide this number by 80 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
- Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel" - your software will create this - use the "Ahnentafel List" option, or similar). Who is that person, and what are his/her vital information?
- Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."
So, here goes!
- I picked my great grandfather, Emil Wilhelm Peters who was born in 1877. After dividing by 80, I rounded the answer to 23.
- Person #23 in my tree is my great, great grandmother, Elizabeth Bennett who was born in 1849 in Greene County, Missouri and died in 1914 in Sumner County, Kansas.
- 3 facts about Elizabeth Bennett:
|Newton County marriage record for Miss Elizabeth Bennett & Josiah R Coppenbarger (image from ancestry.com)|
- She married Josiah Randolph Coppenbarger on the 20th of February, 1873 in Newton County, Missouri at "the home of her father", Henry Bennett
- She had 6 children: 3 sons & 3 daughters
- She moved from Newton County, Missouri to Sumner County, Kansas within a year or two of getting married (they moved before the 1875 Kansas state census)
|Elizabeth Bennett (seated) with husband & her 6 children|
Photo posted on FindAGrave by JRS
Do we share common ancestors? I'd love to talk! Please write me at email@example.com