Here are the steps:
- List your 16 great-great-grandparents in pedigree chart order. List their birth and death years and places.
- Figure out the dominant ethnicity or nationality of each of them.
- Calculate your ancestral ethnicity or nationality by adding them up for the 16 - 6.25% for each (obviously, this is approximate).
- If you don't know all 16 of your great-great-grandparents, then do it for the last full generation you have.
- Write your own blog post, or make a comment on Facebook or in this post.
- Alexander STEWART (1852-1922) born in Pennsylvania - mixture of German/Irish/French
- Catharine Jane McCLINTOCK/McCLINTICK (1852-1929) born in Pennsylvania - some German
- Augustus L MERRILL (1848-1920) born in Pennsylvania - unknown
- Sarah Jane EASTWOOD (1848-1923) born in England - English
- Charles PETERS (1847-1910) born in Germany - German
- Guntherine Fredericka WERTHER (1847-1888) born in Germany - German
- Josiah Randolph COPPENBARGER (1844-1934) born in Illinois - primarily German
- Elizabeth BENNETT (1849-1914) born in Missouri - unknown
- Rheinhard KAECHLE (1844-1900) born in Germany - German
- Mary Magdalena "Lena" KARBACH/KOERBACH (1848-1938) born in Germany - German
- Francis "Frank" ADAM (1826-1902) born in Germany - German
- Francesca "Frances" HOLTHOEFER (1833-1907) born in Germany - German
- James B DICKSON (1840-1902) born in Tennessee - unknown
- Elizabeth Ann BOYERS (1842-1882) born in Mississippi - unknown
- Reuben Houston WARD (1859-1906) born in Tennessee - unknown
- Sallie Harried DICKSON (1860-1960) born in Tennessee - unknown
8 unknown (with a little more German, Irish & French thrown in).
My calculated percentages are:
50 % unknown (with a small portion of that being Irish & French)
Strangely, my DNA results show:
35% Scandinavian (which could include German)
30% Irish (which could include French & English)
20% Western European (which could include German & English)
10% Italy/Greece (which could include French)
Do we share common ancestors? I'd love to talk! Please write me at email@example.com