Sunday, July 20, 2014

First Evening at GRIP!

I'm now in Pennsylvania at GRIP (Genealogical Research Instituted of Pittsburgh) where I'll be taking the week-long course, "Intermediate Genealogy: Tools for Digging Deeper", taught by Paula Stuart-Warren along with Debbie Mieszala and Joshua Taylor.


I got a private dorm room and it's pretty nice though a little dirty and my air-conditioning isn't working. I'ts about 8 pm, though, and it's cooling off and I have my window open so I should be OK through the night. And, I hope they get it fixed tomorrow!

I'm on the 'meal plan' so I get three meals a day in the cafeteria. Tonight we had salad, chicken parmigiana, ziti & marinara sauce, garlic bread, green beans & some dessert. It was pretty good for cafeteria food.

We also had our opening session where we met the coordinators & the teachers & some door prizes were given away. And, no, I didn't win any!

I've met several people and am enjoying hearing their stories. I also met Karen from "Karen's Genealogy Oasis" as I was walking back to my room from getting a snack!

My class starts at 8:15 and I have to get breakfast first. It's an hour later here so 8:15 will feel like 7:15. It's a good thing I'm an early riser!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time!! I hope we'll run into each other again. And, don't forget to try the desserts. The past two years they have been great. Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

My "Ancestral Rebellious Streak"

The Church of England is the official church of England. Protestant churches which do not conform to the Church of England doctrines are cal...