Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Occupation: "Worn Out Minister"

While looking at the 1880 census for my 1st cousin 4x removed, William A McKay, I had to smile when I saw the occupation of the next head of household. At 71 years old, Riley E Anderson was a "worn out minister." Hopefully, he told the minister that mainly in jest!

1880 US Federal Census for Utica, Venango County, Pennsylvania, image 2 of 7 on Ancestry

Just in case someone might be related... William A McKay's mother, Jane Eliza Close, was a sister of my 3rd great grandmother, Julia Ann "July" Close (1826-1905), who married John W McClintock (1825-1890).

Do we share common ancestors? I'd love to talk! Please leave a comment or write me at drleeds@sbcglobal.net

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I know how he felt on occasion - not that I'm a minister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are back doing what you love! As for Rev. Anderson, perhaps he simply had a great sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete

Color Clustering: Top 25 Fourth Cousins

For more on Color Clustering & DNA, please visit my new website at: www.danaleeds.com  For another look at how Color Clustering works...