Thursday, December 18, 2014

Great Gift Idea: A Newspaper Clipping Mug

I was 'making' mugs on Shutterfly this morning while thinking about last minute gift ideas. (You can still order them today and get them in time for Christmas with 2-day shipping!) I decided to use some of my heritage photos to see how they looked.

I accidentally clicked on an obituary for my 2nd great grandmother's brother, Emil Werther. While it's kind of creepy to have a mug with an obituary, I think it looks really neat!

Mug sample created with Shutterfly

So, while you probably don't want to order an obituary mug for your loved one, how about using another clipping? I think a wedding announcement mug for a 50th anniversary would be wonderful! Or, in honor of the Christmas season, do you have an old "Dear Santa" clipping? Or even a present day birth announcement mug for new parents?

The mugs also come in black so you might play with both and see which works better. Please let me know if you end up making a newspaper clipping mug!

Do we share common ancestors? I'd love to talk! Please write me at drleeds@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Color Clustering: Top 25 Fourth Cousins

For more on Color Clustering & DNA, please visit my new website at: www.danaleeds.com  For another look at how Color Clustering works...