Saturday, February 4, 2017

IGHR

For the past three years, I've attend GRIP (Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh) each summer. This year, I'm doing something new: I'm going to the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR)! And, IGHR is doing something new this year, too. They have moved to Georgia. 


I will be taking my first course with Tom Jones as the coordinator and primary instructor. I understand he always offers a lot of homework, which is a good thing! In fact, we have homework before we arrive.

The course, course 4, is "Writing & Publishing for Genealogists." Besides Tom Jones, we will have three other instructors: John Phillip Colletta, Elissa Scalise Powell, and Craig Roberts Scott.

Registration opened yesterday, and so far only one course is sold out: Advanced Methodology & Evidence Analysis coordinated by Judy G. Russell. Also, Debbie Parker Wayne's beginning DNA course has only 3 seats remaining at this time.

I will miss my GRIP friends, but already know of a handful of friends who will be attending IGHR. I can't wait!

Are you going to IGHR? If so, let me know. I hope to meet some of my fellow bloggers and blog readers in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Color Clustering: Top 25 Fourth Cousins

For more on Color Clustering & DNA, please visit my new website at: www.danaleeds.com  For another look at how Color Clustering works...